Thursday, May 29, 2008

And, I'm Off

I'm heading to the STC conference in Philadelphia. I'm leaving tonight and will be gone a whole week. Am I worried about leaving Craig and the kids for that long? I often feel it would be nice to get away by myself for awhile, but now I'm worried about how much I'll miss them. It didn't seem like that big of a deal until I started packing.

Thank God for video and picture messaging.

We're on a deadline with Fred. We have to have it done by the 20th to get the rest of the insurance money. Craig'll need to work on it while I'm gone. Luckily, my mom will help out and Craig's mom will come over a few times. This way Craig can keep working on Fred.

I can't believe that I'm actually presenting! It's a "cool" presentation, that is, if you get excited when someone uses Keynote on a Mac instead of PowerPoint on a Windows machine.

Fred Update
Craig is powering through this project, and although we have a deadline, I'm confident he'll have it all done. My dad's been helping Craig out some, but my carpenter pro hubby's been doing been really doing a great job. They've been at it less than 2 weeks and you can see the results below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck and enjoy the time away! I know you'll do a great job. I can't wait to hear about it. :)

Jodie said...

Woo Mango - going to be a big presenter! That's awesome! Wish I could be there for it.

I would be so panicky about being away from the kids for a whole week. But, like you said, thank God for dads, grandma's, and digital communication.

And Fred is coming along nicely. Good work Craig! And yay for pics of the dogs too. :)

Jodie said...

Hey Mango! Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodie said...

Whoops not belated yet. I keep forgetting that your b-day is the 9th not the 6th. Whenever it is - Happy Birthday. ;)

Rahul Prabhakar said...

Namaste!

Glad to see that you made it safely home. Hope the trip wasn't too exhausting!

It was a pleasure meeting you at the STC Summit in Philly. Hope we'll be able to keep up our conversation over this long distance!

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------
-- Rahul Prabhakar
prabhakar.rahul@gmail.com
http://2brahulprabhakar.blogspot.com
--------------------------------------------------

PS: You are encouraged to join my technical writing listserv called TWI (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/technical_writers_india/). Your presence on the list shall be highly cherished.