Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WebWorks (well, kind of...)

Only one more help file to finish, plus fix some formatting in the help compiler.

I have to say, one of the few things I liked about Unicrap was the tools team. We had no responsibility for how the documents were produced. If Ihad a problem, I'd go talk to Jane.

There've always been issues with Word, but now, I have to design, implement, and support the document and help styles. It gets to be such a pain in the butt.

Using WebWorks to produce, you don't just have to take extra time to fix last minute edit things in the source files, you also have to fix last minute style issues, broken references, and number spacing. Not to mention you have to figure out why it's suddenly broken, when it worked 20 minutes earlier.

I also have to say, for being a company that makes a product to create help files, they have the suckiest help. Always a joy.

Oh well. I guess this is where the "technical" part of my degree comes in.

No comments: