Monday, February 19, 2007

The circle strikes again.

I'm at work today, so I'll make this short.

Chase's general mood:
I talked to my mom at about 10am, and she thought that Chase was doing great. He was calm and communicating well. He wanted to go up for a nap, so she took him up. Within an hour he was banging on his crib to let her know he was done with the "nap". After he came down, he was in a terrible mood. Whining and screaming a lot. He gave her the same problem with the "circle" as he did for us yesterday. We'll see what he's like when I get home. I think my mom was more serious this time when she said that she's quitting. If so, we are in SOOOOO much trouble.

Chase's Diet: He did eat a "cheese" sandwich and some other stuff for lunch. Probably had some soy milk too. I'll have to check when I get home and update this. He'll get his vitamins tonight.

General Stuff: I talked to PHP today and it seems that we'd be covered for Occupational Therapy for Sensory Integration Disorder. You learn all kinds of fun things when you have a special needs child. Anyway, we don't even need a referral, but, here's the kicker, we only get 60 covered visits per calender year for all therapies combined, per covered person. So right now we're doing 2 speech therapies per week, that's going to be more that what is covered. I don't know how much the OT is. I'll talk to our Speech Therapist on Wednesday and see what she thinks.

Update: So, since my mom called my cell about 5 minutes before I got home and Chase was having a meltdown because she couldn't find the DVD of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I wasn't expecting a quiet evening. But, thanks to the best grocery store EVER - Foods for Living in Okemos, MI, it is turning out to be quite a nice evening. I did find a new cheese for Chase, GFCF and he loves it! Tofutti American flavor cheese-like slices. I let him have one and he came back saying, "Cheese!" in a happy voice. He even asked me to "Opa" the package. (We're working on the "in" part of open. So far we got "O" one week and "Pa" the next, so maybe this is the week we get "In".) I also found Oreo-like cookies by kinnikinnick (what a great name) and picked up some more soy ice cream and GFCF waffle cones. Now, if I can just get him to eat more veggies... I had ordered some of these items online because I hadn't been able to find them around here. Foods for Living carries all of the items, plus more, and the people that work there are so nice.
So after Chase ate his ice cream, he was wearing most of it. His legs were covered (since he won't wear pants for more than 10 minutes at home) and he didn't like the stickiness. I tried to wipe him up but he wasn't digging that. I started a bath, which he ran away from. I told him that I was going in the bathroom and putting lots of bubbles in the tub. He said, "No." I left him alone and in about 2 minutes he came running in and wanted to get in. I put Epsom salts in the bath too. He was really good in the bath, although, he didn't really want to interact with me very much. I tried to act like I was not paying attention and finally he splashed me, looking at me for a reaction. That was good.
When it was time to get out, I did our usual "One more minute," making sure that he was looking at me. After a minute, I sang our clean up song. As soon as he heard me singing it, he picked up all the toys in the tub! We dried him off, covered him in Cetaphil, and put on a pull-up. Then we had to go up to his room to get some clothes. I got him into his PJs and he tried climbing into his bed. I got him his sucky and spent about 10 minutes trying to find Mr. Bear. Anyway, he's been in bed for about 45 minutes now. Hopefully, he's down for the night. If not, I can't think it's going to be pretty when he wakes up.

So, what do I think about today?

  1. I think that my mom is actually going to stop watching them and I'm going to have to figure out what the heck we're going to do.
  2. I have to be extra careful that Chase doesn't get anything with Gluten or Casein.
  3. I have got to win the lottery so that I can handle everything without worrying about how we're going to pay for heat and for soy cheese that costs about $5 a package and waffle cones that cost $8 for like 7.
  4. This was a good even "neutral" day; the highs balanced out the lows.

No comments: