Monday, July 30, 2007

Minivans

New Baby
My good friend Katie had her second baby last week! Steven Robert was born on July 23 at 7:58 a.m. He was 7 lbs/4 oz and 21 inches. I was just talking to Katie, and it sounds like everything's going good. They've been home since Thursday. Big Sister Sophie is very happy with the new arrival, so far.

Congratulations Katie, Erin, and Sophie! Ready to pick up that minivan?

Minivans
Speaking of minivans, I just trading in my SUV for one. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about it yet. I was kind of sick to my stomach when I left the dealer. While it is a really nice car, I've had 4 wheel drive for so long, it's odd. And, I also realized that there's only like two other minivans at work.

I probably wouldn't have done it, but after 95,000 miles of no car problems, I've had two wheel bearings, a cv joint, and something that I had never heard of go bad in my car. So, I traded her in at 99, 680 miles. I have a 6 year/100,000 mile bumper to bumper and 200,000 mile powertrain warranty now, so that's nice.


Craig is coming around, I think. He said, "These doors are kind of nice. I wonder why they don't put these sliding doors on SUVs? That'd be nice."

2 comments:

April said...

I know how you feel about the van situation. We actually got rid of ours, but now have one of the SUV/Van hybrids...so it's still pretty much a minivan with SUV doors.

Congrats to Katie! He looks beautiful!

Jodie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

You own a minivan. Welcome to my hell. Although it is convenient - it is also embarrassing!!

Ha ha. :) Congratulations.

Katie's little boy is adorable.