Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cats.

I didn't mention it before, but my cat Mica got hit by a car and died a few weeks ago. She was an inside/outside cat, and we knew it would probably happen at some point. But, she was miserable if we made her stay inside all the time.

I REALLY had a hard time with her dying. I've never had to explain to a child why they can't see their kitty. I told Chase that Mica ran away and went to a really nice place to stay. He keeps telling me that we have to have 2 cats and that we need to go to the "kitty store" to buy a new one.

So yesterday, this gray cat showed up at our patio door. I opened the door, thinking it would run away. It didn't. It came in and is the sweetest thing! He's front declawed and fixed. He's not afraid of the kids and is super cuddly. (In case you were going to check, you are still reading Sally's blog, not Jodie's...)

So for now, we're keeping him. This will change for any of the following reasons:

  1. We find his owner.
  2. He pees on something.
  3. Clio pees on something because she doesn't like him.
  4. He's too scared of the dogs.

And we didn't even have to go to the kitty store...

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Awwww poor Micah. :(

I've got my fingers crossed the new gray cat from God works out. :)

Jodie said...

Better give him a name.