Monday, October 27, 2008

Sick

And I don't mean "sweet" or "cool".

I'm kind of glad that I don't feel better because then I'd have to ponder whether or not to be happy I got sick after everyone else.

Even with my stuffy nose and accompanying headache, we brought the kids to a "tailgate" party at my work for the MSU/U of M game. Since it was cold, wet, and muddy, we stayed inside most of the time. Chase and Cory made it for a few hours, thanks to cookies, pop from the free pop machines, and playdoh. Luckily, the people that work in the marketing building like to keep creative things, including playdoh, out in the meeting areas.

The only major issue we had was Chase's breakdown when his hotdog bun broke. Just to bring you up to speed, if he's eating a hotdog and the bun splits, he gets very upset and refuses to eat any more of the remaining hotdog, even if we put it on another bun. And, since he's into these whining breakdowns, he's very noisy, agitated, and teary when this happens. It's interesting how much louder it sounds when you're with ten of your coworkers, instead of at home.

With some slight of hand that would make Penn and Teller proud, we were able to replace the hotdog bun with Cory's without either kid noticing. Throw in a no bake cookie, and we were set.

Another funny thing, last night Craig was trying to watch Cold Case. Chase was playing with his new favorite Speed Race car, racing it around the table in the dining room. Chase kept coming out and turning on the basball game. He was listening to it from the dining room. It was really interesting. He's never shown an interest in baseball on tv before.

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Aw poor Mango. Sorry that you're sick and that daycare stinks. Cute pics below. My kids LOVE Barbie Diamond castle, so as soon as I read those names I knew that's where they came from.

If it makes you feel any better, Brady throws weird fits about food too, and hotdogs are one of them.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better soon.

I don't know when the 'throwing fits' phase is over, but after hearing from you and Jodie, now I know that age 4 probably isn't it. I guess I'll start hoping for age 5 instead. haha!

Sophie's favorite food to throw tantrums about lately is pancakes. Heaven forbid you cut it before you put syrup on it!! :|

April said...

Chase should live at my house during the summer. I have to listen to baseball games every night.

My kids throw a fit if I take a bite of one kid's food and not the other.