Monday, August 6, 2007

How old where you?

How old were you when you got married?
(Please, fill in the survey to the right!)
I was 25. It never really occurred to me that 25 was young for marriage. I remember thinking that my mom had been "old" when she got married. She was 23, but in comparison with my best friends' moms, who were 19 and 20 when they were married, it did seem old. (Boy that seems funny now.)

I know plenty of unmarried people my age. There are plenty of times that these people are all going out for drinks after work and Oops! I'd LOVE to go, but I've got to pick up the kids from daycare. There are plenty of days I would like to just put the married/mommy stuff on pause and just think about myself again.

Anyway, I saw this article on the front of MSN.com:


I actually haven't read the whole article yet, because just reading that intro made me think. Had I been crazy in love? Just Crazy? I think that I was naive. I never realized how much my life would change. Also, it wasn't so much the getting married thing as the getting pregnant a month after we got married that put a bit of a damper on the "fun" stuff.

Would I do it over again?
YES. I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful children. I am happy, just stretched to my limits some days.

I just wish that I would have appreciated single life more. I wish that I would have taken road trips with my girlfriends, visited friends that moved far away, kept in better touch of friends, and just turned the TV off more often.

2 comments:

April said...

I hear you on appreciating single life more. At this point in my life, I would just love to have girlfriends that I saw regularly (and seeing someone regularly once a year doesn't count!). We get so busy with our everyday life, that going out for a girl's night seems to cause the house to go into chaos mode since something is out of the norm. sigh

People always want to grow up faster than they should! The 20's are a hard age. Only one more month and I'm out of them!

Jodie said...

Sigh, I hear you. Although more days than not I'm content with the way life is. Still, we really should try harder to arrange for more girls nights out.