Friday, August 24, 2007

Trees

So, I've been reading about all my friends in Minnesota having crappy weather. I should have remembered that we get your weather a day or two later.

So now all the money I'd saved for our Disney vacation next year now gets to go for a deductible. Grrr.

The suckiest thing is that our well and pump is under the shed. We had to cut enough of the tree away last night to get a tarp on it to keep the rain out. If a lot of water got it, it could contaminate our well.

Oh yeah, the power to the shed blew, probably to do with the light that was mounted in the center of the ceiling, and we have no running water in the house today.

Thank goodness Craig knows enough to fix that today.

Anyway, at least it didn't land 10 feet to the left. It would have smashed both of our cars.

MTU
I'm going to be going up to Tech for the career fair in October. I'm also doing the Northern one while I'm up there. I'm overly excited about this. I'm also going to do a little presentation to some of the STC kiddos. Am I cool or what?


Anyone else going to be up there?

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow!! That blows! That was a big tree. Sucky sucky my friend.

You are cool!! I wish I could go up there too.

April said...

We had a ton of damage too. Luckily, no trees fell over...but we need a new roof, fascia, gutters, and window trim. And our car was totaled. Gotta love the hail.