Friday, April 6, 2007

As promised...

So, how did the week go?

I totally feel like it’s Monday. Being out of the office for three days make Fridays feel like Mondays. But then free lunch comes, today it was pizza and ice cream day (YUMMY!) and I remember it’s Friday.

Chase
Chase was pretty good this week, although he’s having some issues with pushing and hitting this week. We haven’t has our group therapy for two weeks because of an inservice and spring break. I can’t tell you how excited I am that we’re going back next week.

I started letting him into speech therapy without me in the room. They have a two way mirror so I can watch what’s going on. It’s really interesting to watch. He really likes Robyn so he’s pretty good in there with her. Being on the outside of what’s going on, it’s much easier to see how much he doesn’t make eye contact and doesn’t initiate contact. On the other hand, he did ask to go through the cards and even said what a lot of them were without any prompting. The biggest thing was that he sat in a chair and stayed focused the whole time.

I also released how I talk too much when I’m working with him. I need to give him more opportunities to initiate and ask for things, instead of me asking him what he wants. At home he does initiate more than at therapy, but I still have to work on it.

Me
Have any of you lost track of old friends over the years and want to find them again?

There’s a few people that I’ve found (thank you Google and MySpace) and tried to start talking to again. I think that a lot of my interest in finding people is that now at 28, I’m more like the person I was before I graduated from high school and early on in college. In my later college years, I had many of my priorities really messed up. I guess now that I have my old children, I’m more sensitive to some of the stupid things I did and bad decisions I made. The worst was allowing myself to loose contact with some very close friends.

Now that there’s Google and MySpace, I’ve been able to find people that I’ve randomly thought about and looked for, but now I’m not sure what’s worse: not finding them, or finding them and having them not answer.

It’s funny, several years ago, I would have been the one that wouldn’t have wanted to make the effort to answer if some one tried to contact me.

Amazing how our priorities and outlooks change, isn’t it?

No comments: