Monday, May 7, 2007

... Forgetting I can't drink like when I was in college.

Saturday, I went out with my book club/birthday club friends for Heather's birthday. We had a great time, even though we had our dinner reservation pushed back until 9:45 PM, Lansing bars were DEAD because everyone was celebrating MSU graduation in East Lansing, Casey's car window was broken out, and I mixed beer, hard cider, shots, and mixed drinks. I'm excited to do it again, but next time, only one kind of alcohol per night.

Talk Talk Talk
Chase is talking up a storm. He's repeating tons of stuff and did something really neat. I told him last night that it was almost time for bed. He said, "Momma, no go nigh-night." This may not seem like that big of a deal, but it is for the following reasons:

  • He understood what I was saying.
  • He was able to realize that he didn't want to do what I was saying.
  • He was able to respond to me.
  • He responded to me using words that I had not said.
  • He related my "time for bed" with "no go nigh-night".
So, it really is a great thing. I'm very happy about that. :o)

Pictures
Grandma and Chase at the Zoo.
Shouldn't I be IN there?
If you always carry a chair, you always have a place to sit.
Someone thought that it'd be funny if I looked like Erkel.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

LOL loved the pictures, especially the last two.

Dude you never could drink. ;) I still remember taking a picture of you sleeping on the couch with your glasses all crooked after you had a bottle of wine. Hee hee. Not that I'm one to talk. One glass of wine practically wipes me out.

Sally said...

That incident happened after college. I'm talking about the part of college that I was going to piss calls 7 days a week.

Anonymous said...

My goodness! Cory looks like your mom in that picture. She's so cute! :)

Jodie said...

Details details. ;) I know you can hold your own.