Friday, May 4, 2007

... I don't want to be responsible


How is it that we have all these classes and tests to be able to get a driver's license, and yet we can have kids without any regulations or tests to see if we're good enough to be in control of another human's life?

So, today I want the kids to be able to go to daycare. I'd really like to be in the office more. Saying that, now I feel totally selfish.

I do feel that Chase could handle daycare better, but maybe I'm just hoping that he could. Besides, it'd be better to spend the money on speech therapy than daycare. I'd rather not have to make decisions like this. I'd rather that someone told me what I have to do and then I'd have to do it. Wow, I am so less responsible than I'd like to think I am.

On that note, yesterday, I had a great "stay-at-home-mom" day with the kids. I took Chase to swim therapy in the morning and then met another family at Portage Lake Park for a nice afternoon of playing. Chase really had a good time and the other parent remarked about how social he is. Yay!

I have some pictures, too. They're of my baby sister Stacy before her Junior Prom last weekend and our outing yesterday. Looking at the pictures, how could I want to put them in daycare? :o(




1 comment:

April said...

You shouldn't feel selfish for wanting a career and a family. You are doing a great job. Cute pics!