Friday, March 16, 2007

Hello Friday!

It has been a great week! Chase has been in a great mood and has been acting much more like children his age.
Chase
He repeated almost every word the speech therapist asked him to, even when he was frustrated. He got mad because he wanted a piece of train track. Robyn pushed him into asking for it. He said, "I want (signed) more track!" and he got it.
He recovered very quickly, like 5 seconds after he got the piece, he was fine! This is HUGE! There was a time he wouldn't have recovered but would have continued to be crabby for hours. There was also a time when he would not say anything while he was mad, he would just scream. So you can see why this would make us happy.

Me
After Monday, I was pretty happy this week. I'm really excited about this Autism Walk. I've got one other person signed up for the team. So, if I've invited you and you haven't signed up yet, please do so. It won't cost you anything to sign up!
I also decided to stop being crabby and start asking for want I need or want. I explained this to my hubby, and he shocked me by saying that he understood. Wow! I don't give him enough credit most of the time.
I also got a great deal of real work for work done this week. It's amazing how much better I feel when I actually accomplish something. Helps me stay motivated for other things, like housework. I even got up early to clean up the playroom, which is going to seem useless when I get home and it's already a disaster area... oh well.

Putting up the pictures of Cory's Birthday made me look up some old pictures of Chase. Here's a couple from his first birthday cake. He loves him his cake!



On a side note, looking at those pictures from his July birthday make me REALLY want it to be Summer! It was 73 degrees on Tuesday, and then we woke up with 4 inches on snow yesterday. grrrr...

No comments: